- Carat is specifically a measure of a diamond's weight, and by itself may not accurately reflect a diamond's size.We tend to evaluate diamond size by viewing it from the top because that is how diamonds are presented to us when set into a ring
- Color refers to a diamond's lack of color, grading the whiteness of a diamond. Color grade of D is the highest
- A diamond's cut grade is an objective measure of a diamond's light performance, or, what we think of as sparkle. Dimaonds cut with the proper proportions, light is returned out of the top of the diamond (which gemologists refer to as the table).
- Much is made of a diamond's clarity, but of the Four Cs, it is the easiest to understand, and, according to many experts, generally has the least impact on a diamond's appearance. Clarity simply refers to the tiny, natural imperfections that occur in all but the finest diamonds.
Certifications and Appraisals
- Diamond Jewelry Appraisals which are often needed to formulate price and value of a particular jewelry item and its precious stones. This document usually prepared by neutral experts who maybe a certified Gemologist and or GIA ( Gemological Institute of America ) or EGL ( European Gemological Laboratory ) certified expert appraiser.
- The round brilliant cut diamond is by far the most popular and most researched diamond shape available today. Princesses beautiful brilliance and unique cut makes it a favorite for engagement rings. Emerald cut diamonds are one of the oldest cuts of diamond. The shape of a marquise diamond can maximize carat weight, giving you a much larger-looking.The heart is the ultimate symbol of love. The heart-shaped diamond helps make it a distinctive choice for a variety of diamond jewelry.
Conflict Free Policy
- Citadel Diamond Group's, along with the global diamond industry, has a zero-tolerance policy toward conflict diamonds. Through measures such as the Kimberley Process, which tracks diamonds from mine to market, the industry in partnership with the United Nations, governments, and non-governmental organizations, polices diamond exports to prevent the trade of illegal diamonds.